Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pillowcase Dresses.....revisited, not reinvented

Ah, the pillowcase dress!  Cute, abundant materials, and good for all sewing levels, just try NOT to find a plethora of images and tutorials for the pillowcase dress!  I have a great time tarting them as I see fit.  Last evening, I went past my ridiculously early bedtime making up a couple of dresses for a new friend's granddaughters. 

I attempted a tutorial on the ribbon opening in the back of the dresses, but the black fabric didn't show much detail like I had hoped.  Being that it was fun to make, I will making more post-haste, and with a lighter fabric to show the process.  Tutorial on the ribbon back in a day or two!  In the meantime, my take on the pillowcase dress....

I made a soft and silky sash to run through the casing, which ties at the middle back or at the shoulder.   Again, NOT A PHOTOGRAPHER, so I wasn't able to get a good detail of the ribbon opening in the back with the sash tied in a bow.  I hope the little girls enjoy these summery dresses!



No comments:

Post a Comment