Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Frankensweater with an embroidered Cute Possum (because they really aren't very cute in person)

Damian needed a sweater, and since I had a couple of moth-eaten wool sweaters, let the sewing begin!  I offset the button placket to the right because I thought it would look interesting, used mismatched buttons from my mom's button jar, and lined it with an old t-shirt so it wouldn't be itchy.  Since I've never seen a cute possum, I decided to be cheeky and make one up!  I embroidered around some scraps of felt, securing my felt possum to a scrap of cotton, then used a fancy stitch on my machine to create the border and secure it to the sweater.



My little bubby boy loves it!

P.S. if you like Cute Possum, do feel free to vote for #30 at http://www.inlinkz.com/wpview.php?id=190090
www.prudentbaby.com is running an awesome contest to win a new sewing machine that I've been drooling over for months.  Peace, love, and recycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment