Search This Blog

Friday, June 7, 2013

Vintage patterns for inspiration: Reversible 4t dress and a retro 4t floral top

Trying to get back in the saddle after a long absence from creating kids clothing.  It had been so long since I made anything of my own design that I had a crisis of creativity.  Finally, I decided it would be better to sew something from a pattern than to sit an wait for something clever to land in my head.

I turn to patterns, circa 1967 found at Goodwill and in a free bin at a yard sale last summer.










Because I have so many thoughtful friends who donate unwanted fabric, I have no end in sight of great fabric choices, including some vintage cuts that remind me of Brady Bunch.  So I got to pinning tissue, cutting and stitching.  The end product?
Vintage fabric with a vintage pattern....but I changed up the front panel and added embroidery.



Reversible dress with lace-trimmed nec


other side of reversible dress


So there you have it....trying to get inspired!  Easy to make and funky color combinations.  Perhaps tomorrow I will have some ideas of my own, but for now....I'm enjoying sewing again.  Both items are for sale currently at Kindel & Company here in town.  

More to come, and much sooner than before!





No comments:

Post a Comment