Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

and now....the exciting conclusion (warning: excitement levels may vary)

When we last visited the boring baby blue shirt, plain and tall, it was not what I would tag and call my own.  Bulky finished edges, kinda roomy through the back.  Yeah.  So I trimmed the yellow and pink nightgown-turned-bias-tape at the seam....

folded the excess down on the front and stitched a straight seam on the back, securing it in place....

then trimmed it right up next to the seam, leaving a raw edge with the yellow and pink knit.  When you tend toward bohemian and upcycled style, you can do this!  It isn't fussy, it is cute and fun!

I also put a few pleats in the back to take up the extra fabric and provide a slimmer fit.  Adds a bit of interest, too.

Would pockets make it too busy?  I can't decide.  I haven't put it in the store yet, so pockets might make a great sequel.  Whaddya think?  Should I add some pockets? 








No comments:

Post a Comment