Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

Stay tuned for copycat Trailblaze top!


Whilst trying to write out the steps and take pictures of the Trailblaze tutorial, I hit a little speedbump.  As it turns out, I'm not sure why I did something I did originally, and I'm not content to leave it at that.  So I'm getting some advice as well as putting in my unconscious and sleeping on it.  Get ready for Trailblaze Top Pattern Tutorial Part I in a couple of days!
free tutorial pattern


Also considering doing a series of tutorials that is very near and dear to me.  Superheroes.  My kids love superheroes, dressing like them, quoting them, playing with the action figures, and watching cartoons, but primarily dressing like them.  Try finding a Spiderman costume in June!  So began the wardrobe.
DIY make a Hulk CostumeDIY


Incredible Hulk wig and eyebrows

 That's just from yesterday!  The kids prefer to wear superhero clothes anywhere, and I don't mind most of the time. I want them to at least look authentic and to be durable.  Those flimsy little disposable costumes from  big box stores wouldn't hold up for an afternoon around here.  So began the sewing.

I've learned a lot about superhero garb and would love to do a series of our favorites if there were interest.  For most of you, Halloween is a long ways away....better start planning now!  Encourage me!  I've sewn Hulk, Spiderman, Wolverine, Thor, Iron Man, and Wonderwoman.  What's your pleasure?  Want me to share?  Comment please!

Peace and love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Please please, pretty please, post some info on how you did the Hulk costume. It looks really wearable and not difficult to do if you are not a sewing expert. Is it? :)
    Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete